Sunday, March 05, 2006


While I was looking around the market in the land of spells and enchantments, I found my old friends the gypies plying their wares. They gave me the secrets of the Gypsy fortune stones to share with you.
Gypsies are full of enchantments and believe in magic - they always go up the Faraway Tree when the Land of Spells and Enchantments is there to stock up.
Gypsies make their own fortune stones by painting the symbols on small river stones or glass stones and keeping them in a soft velvet bag, big enough to fit round your hand. To read the stones, take a handful from the bag aty the time of the full moon and throw them in front of you. Read the stones that fall face up first. If any fall face down, read these last - they are secrets just for you to know.
You must chant this poem when you are casting the stones:

Stone O'Leary, Stones O'Leary,
By the full moon show me clearly.
Give to me an answer now
Show me what I have to know.
Let my eyes see far this night,
That I may live my future right.

The meanings:

Water: A long journey, as the Irish say, `across the water'
Sun: Success, brilliance
Star: Luck. Your wish will come true
Heart: Love and happiness
Wheel: Change, for good or ill
Bag of Gold: Luck with money
Moon: Pay heed to your dreams
Eye: Querent, truth
Grain: Harvest, outcome
Dagger: Danger, an enemy
Rings: A wedding, a reason to celebrate Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I'm delighted! Use away.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a lot of fun Gail. The lure of that Gysy camp is strong. I heard the Gypsies calling me. I am not surprised to find them here in the Land of Spells and Enchantments. Their sort of place really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home