Monday, March 06, 2006

Meeting Baba Again

Meeting Baba again,
cautious to watch my words,
asking about the Land of
Spells and Enchantments.
"Where is it?" she said, looking
at me sharply. "It's everywhere."
"Everywhere?"
Some quick steps forward,
taken to a tree at sunset.
Baba's apron hung full of seed bounty.
Seeds in the grass, seeds on the
limbs and boughs.
"I see."
Waving her wizened hands wide,
of a beauty like sun-baked
rock, sturdy, knowing and complete.
"This tree is like that now, and it
will be like something else come sunrise."
Nodding, to me it seemed so, it was true.
"Not magic?" I said.
"Oh magic of a kind, but you
must see it. See it for what it is."
"It is magic then," I said.
Saying nothing, she placed a gathering
of seeds in my palm. They
were warm from her
sunbaked hands.
copyright Monika Roleff 2006.

2 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Perfect Monika and this image is divine. All just right!

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I could see you doing this, those warm seeds! Who wouldn't want to be her, right? I think she is very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home